It’s 4 days before my birthday (shiver, shiver, shiver). I am getting a year older again. I will now officially categorize myself as ‘matured’ - (take note, not old) which seems like long overdue na. Haha. MATURED. I love this word…it keeps me from hyperventilating while thinking of middle age crisis (okay, I am exaggerating).
With maturity comes wisdom (to choose to lose weight by exercise or just diet pills) and expectations (from people around me). Seriously, I pray for more wisdom and divine guidance in caring for my family, handling my career, loving myself and helping others.
I plan to do more charity this year, with the many blessings that are coming my way, it is only proper to share them. Hay, if I have the moolah, I will not hesitate sending poor kids to school and helping sick people get well and healthy again. For now all I can do is to extend help as far as my resources will take me, which is like hmmm, Quiapo to Welcome Rotonda. Hahaha.
By the way, I already got an advance birthday present and it’s really super nice. It’s a portable DVD player from Carol before she headed back to the States. Wagi ito ever! I just hope it wont affect my already bad driving.
Speaking of presents, I am thinking of what to give myself for my birthday. But before that, what do I want love ones and friends to give me for my birthday? Ahem, ahem. I am coming up with a list so Jing, who is so ever faithful to his routine of not giving me a birthday present, can’t have the classic excuse of not knowing what I want.
My material wish list (mostly Kikay anik-anik):
1. Bare Escentuals i.d. bareMinerals Foundation SPF15 (Light shade pls)
2. Those super pointed red shoes from Janelyn (size 7.5 pls)
3. Big red bag - yung shining, shimmering, splendid.
4. Multi-layered makeup box / kit / organizer (okay, okay, kahit hindi Louis Vuitton…hehehe)
5. Body Shop Olive Dry Oil mist
6. Ultimate Strength Hand Salve from Kiehl’s
7. Dr. Hunter’s Foot Comfort Crème from Caswell Massey
Redjeulle said I should have a ‘World Peace’ wish list… something significant, not about material things or money. So sige na nga tutal I have some special wishes din but they are not for myself.
World Peace wish list:
1. Full recovery of my dad from his battle with the Big C
2. Good health, more teeth, more words, more laughter, more hugs and kisses from my little Eone
3. Lifetime free supply of Glutathione for Jing (hahaha, this one is a joke…charing!)
O ayan, I have a list already. Feel free to deviate, anything ‘kikay’ will do as long as the intention is good. Besides, I don’t wanna be an ingrate. Just please don’t give me another keychain! As a notorious materyosang fashionista aptly put it, "I like kamote (sweet potato) but don’t give me that for Christmas. I like many other things"
Happy Birthday to me, the kikay-est of all kikays.
Of Clouds and Silver Linings - Foreword: *This is the transcript of the speech I gave on the occasion of Optimal Academy's 2017 Commencement and Completion Exercises where Kevin was also...
3 days ago